Blueberry Waffles with Maple Butter: A Sweet Breakfast Delight
Blueberry Waffles with Maple Butter are a delightful breakfast treat that combines the fruity goodness of blueberries with the sweet, buttery richness of maple. In this article, we’ll guide you through the steps to create these fluffy and flavorful waffles that are sure to become a family favorite.
For the Waffles:
- 2 cups of all-purpose flour
- 2 tablespoons of granulated sugar
- 2 teaspoons of baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon of baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon of salt
- 2 large eggs
- 1 3/4 cups of buttermilk
- 1/4 cup of unsalted butter, melted
- 1 teaspoon of vanilla extract
- 1 cup of fresh or frozen blueberries
For the Maple Butter:
- 1/2 cup of unsalted butter, softened
- 1/4 cup of pure maple syrup
- 1/4 teaspoon of cinnamon (optional)
Making the Blueberry Waffles
- Preheat your waffle iron according to the manufacturer’s instructions.
- In a large mixing bowl, whisk together the flour, sugar, baking powder, baking soda, and salt.
- In a separate bowl, beat the eggs and then add the buttermilk, melted butter, and vanilla extract. Mix well.
- Pour the wet ingredients into the dry ingredients and stir until just combined. Be careful not to overmix; a few lumps in the batter are okay.
- Gently fold in the blueberries, ensuring they are evenly distributed throughout the batter.
- Grease the waffle iron with a small amount of butter or non-stick cooking spray.
- Pour an appropriate amount of batter onto the preheated waffle iron, following the manufacturer’s instructions for the size of your waffle iron.
- Close the waffle iron and cook until the waffles are golden brown and crisp.
- Carefully remove the waffles from the iron and keep them warm while you prepare the maple butter.
Making the Maple Butter
- In a small mixing bowl, combine the softened butter, pure maple syrup, and cinnamon (if desired).
- Whip the mixture until it becomes light and fluffy.
- Taste and adjust the sweetness or cinnamon to your liking.
Serving and Enjoying
Serve the freshly cooked Blueberry Waffles with a generous dollop of the Maple Butter on top. The warm waffles will melt the maple butter, creating a heavenly combination of flavors. You can also add extra fresh blueberries or a drizzle of maple syrup for extra sweetness.
Blueberry Waffles with Maple Butter are the perfect breakfast treat for any occasion. These fluffy waffles bursting with sweet blueberries and topped with luscious maple butter will make your morning extra special. Enjoy the delightful combination of fruity and sweet flavors that make this breakfast dish a family favorite.